Monday, April 16, 2012

Bishop calls on the youth to stand against RH bill



MANILA, April 16, 2012—The newly installed head of the Archdiocese of Palo, Leyte, Most Rev. John Forrosuelo Du, D.D., called on the youth in the weekend to stand firm and oppose the RH bill.
“I encourage them (youth) to go and to join, to support all anti-RH [initiatives]. I assure them of my prayers and the prayers of our people. I am one with them. I am supporting them,” the prelate said.
Pope Benedict XVI named the 57-year-old Du on February 25 successor of Archbishop Jose Palma, who was transferred to the Archdiocese of Cebu in October 2010. Palma referred to the new Palo Archbishop as a “prayerful person” after the election.
“I am most happy with the appointment of archbishop-elect John Du because I know him to be a prayerful person,” Palma remarked.
Du reiterated that he will continue what Palma has started.
“Whatever [has been] started by bishop Palma I am going to continue. I stand for the Church against RH bill,” he said.
“We will have friendly conversations with our legislators. I really look for a peaceful, friendly and prayerful way of convincing our people to oppose the bill. If we are going to a rally we’ll make it a prayerful rally,” the prelate added.
“I ask people to pray and we’ll continue to educate our people through seminars or forums, even in small numbers, so that they can really understand why we are against the RH bill. We’ll do it especially in schools.”
A native of Bantayan, Cebu, Du was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Cebu on Jan. 6, 1998 and Bishop of Dumaguete on April 21, 2001. (CBCP for Life)

No comments:

Post a Comment